will and probate services

Legal Love Letters: Lasting Power of Attorney

Home visits and video call consultations

Lasting Power of Attorney

If you lose the ability to make decisions for yourself due to illness or an accident, then the

Court of Protection will consider you to be a 'vulnerable adult' and step in to take over unless you legally appoint somebody to do this for you.


You can only give that authority in a registered legal document called

Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA).

When someone has lost capacity, a written letter to the bank simply won't work!

Even if you're married and have joint accounts, an LPA for Property and Finance is absolutely essential otherwise you could lose access to money held in them if one of the account holders loses capacity.

These are what we are busiest with right now.

There are two separate types of LPA: Property & Finance and Health & Welfare.
Read Heather Bateman's story or watch her interview on BBC's the One Show if you would like to learn more about happens if you have an accident or illness
and you don't have a Property & Finance LPA in place

Every UK adult should have at least one of these prepared and registered.  

      Mon - Fri: 10am - 9pm

Heather Bateman's story on the One Show

The Childrens Books Author tells her heartbreaking story of her struggle to manage her affairs following her husband's accident and the hardship suffered due to the lack of  a valid LPA.

Lasting Power of Attorney

Your Voice.Your Choice

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon
  • LinkedIn
  • Legal Love Letters on Instagram
  • Twitter Social Icon



Airport House

Suite 43-45

Purley Way

Croydon CRO 0XZ


Beech House

32 Beeches Avenue



Registered In England 04647712  | © Will & Probate Company Ltd 2020

Legal Love Letters™ is a Registered Trademark and branding style used by Will and Probate Company Ltd (willandprobate.com)